Thursday, May 20, 2010

Can anyone explain stanza 5 of ode to a Nightinagle by Johhn Keats to me?

this is the stanza:


I cannot see what flowers are at my feet,


Nor what soft incense hangs upon the boughs,


But, in embalmed darkness, guess each sweet


Wherewith the seasonable month endows


The grass, the thicket, and the fruit-tree wild;


White hawthorn, and the pastoral eglantine;


Fast-fading violets covered up in leaves;


And mid-May's eldest child,


The coming musk-rose, full of dewy wine,


The murmurous haunt of flies on summer eves.

Can anyone explain stanza 5 of ode to a Nightinagle by Johhn Keats to me?
I think that it means to find something good in the unknown and unseen, that it is sometimes funner not knowing and to guess, or appreciate something while lacking senses. It helps bring out another side of beauty in each thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment